How do I know that EXPLORE provides the best value?
- EXPLORE’s reputation is based on delivering quality, be it through one of our more affordable itineraries or an uber-luxury one. You must be aware when choosing your African travel specialist as pricing can be deceiving. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is! You are investing in a once-in-a-lifetime experience so choose wisely. Some companies use inferior lodges to keep costs down or fill your itinerary with inexpensive stops to create an overall impression of being cost effective. In fact, these stops may well be a waste of precious time on what is almost always an all-too-brief visit to Africa or you may find your trip is peppered with lesser lodges to lower the overall cost.
- Working with EXPLORE eliminates the Middle Man! Whenever possible, we book our lodges, hotels, guides, transfers and charters directly, rarely relying on a middleman to plan or book any part of your travel. Not only does this save you money, it ensures that WE maintain control of our client’s itineraries from inception to return, and it allows us to provide a better value.
- EXPLORE only works with lodges that Cherri Briggs and the EXPLORE team have personally inspected and found to meet our high standards of wildlife, guides, quality accommodations food and safety.
- We monitor the lodges continually to make sure they meet our standards.
- We only work with lodges that adhere to strong ethical principles and have a genuine commitment to conservation and community. When you travel with EXPLORE, you are contributing to both.
- Value can only be judged by the quality of your experience! Check our “Accolades” on the home page.
How much experience does EXPLORE have in the travel industry?
- Cherri Briggs, our president and owner of EXPLORE has spent 6 – 9 months a year in Africa for the last 20 years. She spends half the year combing the continent for fresh products and ensuring that old favorites are still great. EXPLORE’s safari planners travel to Africa annually.
- Our team has dozens of years of experience exploring the continent, and has an intimate knowledge of African cultures, people, seasons and destinations.
- We have been established as a U.S. based African tour operator since 1992.
- We have chosen to remain small in order to stay true to our commitment to provide personalized experiences. Each trip is planned with Cherri’s oversight and vast depth of experience.
What problems might I experience if I work with an foreign-based operator or on my own?
- If you choose to work with a foreign-based online operator, you might find yourself alone if there is an incident.
- If you are not working with a well-established US-based operator who keeps its assets in America and has a long-established office where owners are permanent residents, you might find yourself at the mercy of the court systems in Africa or elsewhere should you have a problem.
- If you are thinking of working with another operator, make absolutely sure that their US office is legitimate and actually is their central base of operations!
- EXPLORE’S reputation, insurance, longevity, and “clout,” earned from long-term relationships with lodges means security to you. Our office staff is always accessible should you need to resolve problems, even if you call in the middle of the night. We will be there to serve as your advocate should the need arise.
Does EXPLORE back me up if I have a problem while traveling?
- You will have all the information you need before you leave, making your trip easy and trouble free.
- We communicate constantly with lodges, transportation companies and guides during the development process well before our clients depart, ensuring that every detail is perfect so you should not have problems while traveling. If you do, we deal with it immediately, not after you return!
- We are with you every step of the way on your dream journey. When you are on safari, we make sure your experience unfolds seamlessly, and we are available day and night to assist you.
- It is our mission to make sure your experience in Africa lingers with you for a lifetime, and our goal is to make sure you want to come again.
What does EXPLORE do to help with conservation, social and ethical issues in Africa?
- We are passionate about Africa. We are deeply involved with Africa on all levels and have contributed or raise over $3,000,000 for conservation and community through the years.
- EXPLORE uses tourism as a tool for promoting conservation and creating sustainable development in Africa.
- When you travel with EXPLORE, you help preserve Africa’s wilderness and wildlife, and you help empower local people in a meaningful way.
- EXPLORE builds schools, protected farms, and community-owned fish farms. It develops women’s craft projects, provides scholarships, supports anti-poaching, and invests in many other conservation and community efforts.
- By choosing EXPLORE as your safari operator, you are voting with your dollars for the kind of Africa that you envision for the future—one in which people and wilderness thrive.